- The Website and the Weekly Publication are operated by Goop Inc. Limited, a company registered in England with registered number 07733571 whose registered office is at Sargeant House, 15 Alcester Road, Studley, Warwickshire, England, B80 7AN (and we refer to ourselves as “we”, “us” or “our” in this document). We own and operate the Website and the Weekly Publication on our own behalf.
- The Website and the Weekly Publication are intended for persons over the age of 16 only. To use the Website (without registering for an account to purchase products via the Website) and subscribe to receive the Weekly Publication or other marketing or promotional material from us (in any form and via any media) you must be 16 years of age or over. If you are under 16 and you wish to use the Website (without registering for an account to purchase products via the Website) or subscribe for the Weekly Publication you must get consent from your parent or guardian before doing so. If you have already subscribed for the Weekly Publication or other promotional or marketing material and you are under the age of 16 but you do not have consent from your parent or guardian, please inform us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to register for an account to purchase any product via the Website, you must be over the age of 18. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details about this.
- We are a company registered in England, so we have complied with applicable English laws in making the Website, the Journal and their content available to you. If the Website or a Journal is accessed by you from outside England, this is entirely at your risk. We make no representation that the Website or the Journal and their content are suitable for use outside of England. If you choose to access or use the Website or the Journal from or in locations outside England, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for:
- ensuring that what you are doing in that country is legal; and
- the consequences and compliance by you with all applicable laws, regulations, byelaws, codes of practice, licences, registrations, permits and authorisations (including any laws that relate to businesses providing services).
- Use of the Website and subscription to the Journal does not include the provision of a computer or other necessary equipment to access it. To use the Website or access the Journal you will require Internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunication links. We shall not have any responsibility or liability for any telephone or other costs you may incur.
- You shall not in any way use the Website or the Journal or submit to us or to the Website or to any user of the Website or subscriber to the Journal anything which in any respect:
- is in breach of any law, statute, regulation or byelaw of any applicable jurisdiction;
- is fraudulent, criminal or unlawful;
- is inaccurate or out-of-date;
- may be considered by a reasonable person in the UK to be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political;
- impersonates any other person or body or misrepresents a relationship with any person or body;
- may infringe or breach the copyright or any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade mark rights and broadcasting rights) or privacy or other rights of us or any third party;
- may be contrary to our interests;
- is contrary to any specific rule or requirement that we stipulate on the Website in relation to the Journal, a particular part of the Website or the Website generally; or
- involves your use, delivery or transmission of any viruses, unsolicited emails, trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- You may not use any automated means (such as scripts) to access the Website or the Journal or collect any information from the Website or the Journal unless we explicitly agree to allow you to do so in writing.
- You hereby grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use any material which you submit to us or the Website for the purpose of use on the Website or in the Journal or for generally marketing (by any means and in any media) our services. You agree that you waive your moral rights to be identified as the author and we may modify your submission.
- Commentary and other materials posted on the Website or in the Journal are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Subject to paragraphs 24 and 25 below, we therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website or person who accesses or uses the Journal, or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents.
- You assume sole responsibility for results obtained from the use of the Website and/or the Journal, and for conclusions drawn from such use. Subject to paragraphs 15, 24 and 25 below, we shall have no liability for any damage caused by errors or omissions in any information, instructions or scripts provided to us by you in connection with the Website or the Journal, or any actions taken by us at your direction.
- You agree to comply at all times with any instructions for use of the Website and the Journal which we make from time to time.
Availability of the Website and the Journal, Security and Accuracy
- We warrant that, in making the Website and the Journal available to you, we shall use our reasonable skill and care.
- Whist we endeavour to make the Website available 24 hours a day, we cannot be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any time or for any period. We make no warranty that your access to the Website, or subscription to the Journal, will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. Due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. In addition, we may occasionally need to carry out repairs, maintenance or introduce new facilities and functions.
- Access to the Website and subscription to the Journal may be suspended or withdrawn to or from you personally or all users temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice. We may also impose restrictions on the length and manner of usage of any part of the Website or access or subscription to the Journal for any reason. If we impose restrictions on you personally, you must not attempt to use the Website or subscribe for or access the Journal under any other name or user.
- We do not warrant that the Website or the Journal will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. We shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of the Website or the Journal or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the Website or the Journal. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
- We may change or update the Website (including but not limited to the Journal archive) and anything described in it without notice to you.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on the Website and in the Journal are correct, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate, up-to-date, fit for a particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. This shall not affect any obligation which we may have under any contract that we may have with you to provide you with products.
Content of the Website and Journals
- The content of the Journals and the Website is selected by our editors and is editorial content. We do not accept or take advertising. We don’t accept payment for products or content to appear in Journals or on the Website. If we did that it would destroy the trust you have in us and the integrity of Goop, the Journals we produce and the Website we operate.
- From time to time our Journal will be “Sponsored”. We will make that clear in that Journal. We do get paid for Sponsored Journals. When you register to receive a Journal under paragraph 23 below, you agree to receive the Journals, including Sponsored Journals. If you would prefer not to receive the Journals, you should unsubscribe by using the method set out in our Terms and Conditions, but you will not receive any Journals, whether they are Sponsored or not.
Registration for Journals and to Order Products through the Website
- We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for our fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability that we cannot exclude or limit at law.
- To the extent possible by law and subject to paragraph 24 above, in all cases other than in respect of products or services that we provide to a specific consumer for a fee (which shall be governed by its own contractual terms), to the extent permitted by law:
- our maximum liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to your use or inability in use or delay in use of the Website and/or the Journal, or any material in them or accessible from them, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Website or the Journal or any such material, shall be £1; and
- we shall not have any liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to any material on the Website or in the Journal or in relation to your use or inability to use or delay in use of the Website and/or the Journal or any material in them or accessible from them or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Website or the Journal or any such material, in relation to any of the foregoing, for any: (a) indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or expenses; (b) loss of actual or anticipated profits; (c) loss of contracts; (d) loss of use of money; (e) loss of anticipated savings; (f) loss of revenue; (g) loss of goodwill; (h) loss of reputation; (i) loss of business; (j) loss of operation time; (k) loss of opportunity; or (l) loss of, damage to or corruption of, data; whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such losses. For the avoidance of doubt, (b) to (l) apply whether such losses are direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise.
- The “Goop” name and logos and all related names, design marks and slogans are the trade marks or service marks of us or our licensors.
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and the Journal, and in the material published in them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website and the Journal for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website or in the Journal.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- All trademarks, service marks, trade names and photography are the property of Goop Inc Limited or Licensee. No use of these may be made without the prior written consent from Goop Inc Limited or Licensee. The logo, designs, advertisements, and photographic images described or displayed on the site are the intellectual property of Goop Inc Limited or Licensee and may not be used without permission.
- You must not use any part of the materials on the Website or in the Journal for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Information about You and Your Visits to the Website and Subscription to the Journal
Transactions concluded through the Website
- Contracts for the supply of products formed through the Website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Websites
- You must not without our permission:
- use or copy any material from the Website or the Journal, including, but not limited to, onto other websites or in other journals or newsletters; or
- frame any of the Website or the Journal onto your own or another person’s website.
- We hereby grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to provide a link from your website to the home page of the Website, provided that you do so in a fair and legal way without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it. In particular:
- you shall not make any warranties or representations about us, our services or our policies except with our prior express authorisation;
- you shall not say anything that is false, misleading, derogatory or offensive about us or our services or policies; and
- you shall not suggest expressly or impliedly that we have endorsed your website or are associated with it where this is not the case.
English Law & Jurisdiction