Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 200g jalapeno chillies (canned or fresh)
- 20g green chillies, de-seeded
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 10g sea salt
- 10ml grapeseed oil
- 75ml soy sauce
- 20ml lemon juice
- 120ml rice vinegar
- 4 soft-shell crabs (cleaned if live, or defrosted and dried on paper towel if frozen)
- 100g potato starch
- 2 liters of canola or rapeseed oil for frying
Fried Soft-Shell Crab (Kara-age) with Green Chili Ginger Dressing
for green chili ginger dressing:
makes 4 portions
for soft shell crab:
for the dressing:
1. In a blender, blend the first five ingredients until smooth, then slowly add the rest of the liquids and blend. (This makes a little more than you need but it keeps for a few days and makes a great spicy salad dressing.)
for the soft-shell crab:
1. Heat the oil in a deep pot to roughly 370 °F.
2. Coat the soft-shell crab in the potato starch and fry until crispy (roughly 4-5 mins) then drain on a paper towel.
3. Serve while hot with the dressing for dipping.
Courtesy of Ross Shonhan from Bone Daddies.