Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 2 1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable shortening (or butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon soy milk to brush the tops
makes 12 biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Using your fingers or a pastry blender, cut in the shortening or butter.
4. Mix in the yogurt and knead the dough a bit in the bowl, just until everything comes together. If there are still crumbs in the bottom of the bowl, add an extra tablespoon of yogurt.
5. Knead the dough two or three times on a wooden board and then press it so it’s about 3/4" thick.
6. Cut the dough with a round cutter, being sure not to twist the cutter (this will make it hard for the biscuits to rise). Alternatively, you can simply cut the dough with a knife into squares.
7. Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, prick each one with a fork, brush with a little soy milk and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.