Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve, ground in the food processor)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can pureed pumpkin (or 1-3/4 cups fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons real Vermont maple syrup
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a pie pan (why bother washing a mixing bowl?).
3. Mix together with your fingers and then press evenly to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. It helps to press the mixture with the bottom of a small measuring cup.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Let cool while you prepare the whipped cream and filling.
5. Whip the cream using a standing mixer, handheld mixer or whisk (a bit of a workout!) until stiff peaks form. Whisk in maple syrup to taste.
6. In a large bowl, beat together the ice cream, pumpkin and spices.
7. Spread evenly into the cooled pie shell and stick in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
8. When ready to serve, spread the top with maple whipped cream.