Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 6 to 8 medium to large carrots (about 1.5 pounds), peeled and diced into rustic cubes
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 piece ginger, an inch long, peeled
- 1 small onion (white or yellow), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- olive oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
Roasted + Clean Carrot Soup
1. Divide the carrots in half. Place one half of the carrots on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss to combine. Place in a 375°F degree oven for about 20 minutes, shaking the pan every so often for even cooking. Remove from oven when soft, slightly brown and caramelized.
2. Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan with the ginger, onion and garlic. Bring down to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or so until the onions are soft. Add the remaining half of the carrots and simmer for another 5 minutes until the carrots are just slightly soft but not cooked through. Transfer the mixture to a blender.
3. Add the roasted carrots to the blender with the par-boiled carrots. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of olive oil over each portion to serve.