Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 4 stalks green asparagus, trimmed & sliced in half on a bias
- 4 stalks white asparagus, trimmed & sliced in half on a bias
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ sparkling water
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- sea salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce or wheat-free tamari
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Green & White Asparagus Tempura
for the tempura:
for a quick & easy homemade ponzu sauce:
1. If you have a deep fryer, set it to 375° F. If you don't, add vegetable oil to a large pot (should come up about 4-6 inches) and heat to the same temperature.
2. Meanwhile, combine ponzu ingredients together in a small serving bowl. Set aside.
3. Place rice flour in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly incorporate the sparkling water into the flour while mixing. Mix just until smooth. (You want to make this batter right before you intend to use it.)
4. Dip the asparagus in the batter to coat. Fry, in batches if necessary, for about two minutes, until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and season lightly with sea salt. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and homemade ponzu.