Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 whole chicken, chopped into 8 pieces
- 1 medium to large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- two 14-ounce cans whole peeled Italian tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Myzithra, Kasseri or Romano cheese, grated
- parsley to garnish
Kapama (Braised Cinnamon Chicken)
1. Wash and dry chicken. Season with salt, pepper and a light sprinkling of ground cinnamon on each side. Coat large pot with olive oil and place over high heat. When oil is hot, sear chicken pieces for 1 minute on each side, until the skins are browned. Remove chicken pieces from pan and set aside.
2. Lower heat to medium-high and add onions. Stir for a minute until soft, then add garlic. Let cook for another minute until translucent. Add cinnamon stick, tomatoes, broth and season with salt and pepper. Stir and bring to simmer. Add chicken pieces back into the pot, submerging into the liquid. Simmer for about 2 hours uncovered, shaking the pan from time to time to move the chicken around, until meat is falling off the bone.
3. Garnish with grated cheese and parsley and serve over pasta and/or with crusty bread.