Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 2 small onions
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 inch sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¹⁄₂ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- cheese such as cantal, gruyère, cheddar (enough for one sandwich)
- 2 - 3 tbsp butter
Grilled Cheese & Onions
1. Caramelize onions: peel and slice onions thinly. Heat olive oil and sauté onions with bay leaf until soft and deeply caramelized, about 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Pull the leaves off the sprig of thyme and mix in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread the onions on one slice of bread, top with cheese and a second slice of bread. Butter the outside of the sandwiches and fry in a skillet until the cheese melts and the outside is golden brown.
Contributed by Chad Roberston, author of Tartine Bread.