Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 kg (2lb) spinach
- 5 eggs
- 250 g (9oz) feta or cottage cheese
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 matzo squares
- 500 ml (18fl oz) milk, warmed
Mina de Espinaka (Matzo and Spinach Pie)
1. Make the filling first: wash the spinach and remove any hard stems. Drain and squeeze the excess water out, then put the spinach in a pan with a tight-fitting lid. Steam for a minute or two, until the leaves collapse into a soft mass. (You might need to do this in batches.) Mix the spinach, including the green juice, with 3 eggs (beaten) and the cottage cheese. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. For the crust: dip 4 – 5 matzo squares in the milk until only just softened and fit 2 layers on the bottom and sides of a 30 cm (12 inch) shallow oiled baking dish. Cover with the spinach filling. Soak the remaining matzo sheets in milk and arrange in 2 layers on top. Beat the remaining eggs with what is left of the milk and pour all over the pie.
3. Bake in a preheated 350 ˚ F/ 180 ˚ C/ gas 4 oven for about 45 minutes.