Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 6 cups water (filtered is best)
- 50 grams dried bonito flakes
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms
- 4" piece of dried wakame
- 2 cups watercress leaves
- 6 tablespoons miso paste (whatever kind you like—sweet white miso makes for a nice, light soup while aged barley gives a full, robust flavor)
Miso Soup with Watercress
1. Heat the water in a small soup pot and when bubbles form around the edge, add the bonito.
2. Turn the heat down and simmer for two minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and let the broth sit for five minutes.
4. Strain the broth into a clean pot, discarding the bonito.
5. Add the shitakes and wakame to the broth and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the wakame and mushrooms. Discard the thick stems from the mushrooms, thinly slice the caps and slip them back into the soup. Chop the wakame into small pieces, discarding any thick pieces of stem, and return to the pot.
7. In a small bowl, combine the miso paste with a bit of the broth and whisk to combine.
8. Pour the mixture back into the pot and let the soup simmer, being careful not to let it boil.
9. Add the watercress at the last minute, just to wilt it, and serve.