Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 6 quarts water
- 2 lemons, halved
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup bourbon
- ½ cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 ears corn, shucked and cut into 1-inch-thick wheels
- 1 pound pork sausages
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp in the shell, head on if you can find them
- 4 whole blue crabs
- 8 ounces littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 8 ounces mussels, scrubbed and debearded if necessary
makes 6 - 8
for the spice bag:
1. To make the spice bag: Wrap all the spices in a coffee filter or a piece of cheesecloth and tie tightly with kitchen twine.
2. Bring the water to a boil in the largest pot you have, at least a 10-gallon pot. Add the spice bag, lemon halves, garlic, bourbon, salt, and paprika, and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sausages, shrimp, crabs, clams, and mussels, bring to a boil, and boil until the sausages are cooked, the clams and mussels have opened (discard any unopened ones), and the potatoes and corn are tender, another 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Lift out the vegetables, sausages, and seafood and dump onto a table covered with layers of newspaper.