Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds green tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fried Green Tomato-Cilantro Relish
makes 2 cups
1. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add the slices of green tomato in a single layer and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a plate.
2. When all the tomatoes are fried, add the remaining olive oil to the pan, then add the onions and garlic and cook over low heat until the onions are translucent and soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Finely chop the fried tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Toss in the onion and garlic, add the cilantro, mustard, vinegar, sugar, fennel, cumin, salt, and pepper, and mix thoroughly. The relish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.