Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 3 matzo squares
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat, oil, or butter for frying
- cinnamon-sugar, honey, maple syrup, or catsup
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and pour into a bowl. Break the matzos and soak in the water for about 5 minutes. Drain and gently squeeze dry. Return the matzos to the empty bowl.
2. Stir the eggs and salt and pepper with the matzos.
3. Heat the chicken fat, oil or butter in a frying pan. Then, take tablespoonfuls of batter at a time, gently frying, patting the center down a bit. You can make several small pancakes or one large pancake. When golden brown on one side, turn gently with two spatulas and fry on the other. Serve as is or topped with cinnamon-sugar, honey, maple syrup, or even catsup!
Adapted from Joan Nathan's Jewish Holiday Cookbook.