Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups purple kale, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons with peeler
- 1 tablespoon horseradish root, grated
Collard Roll-Ups with Coconut Curry Kale
1. To blanch collard leaves: Add about 1 inch of water to a large sauté pan (to coat the bottom with liquid). Bring to a boil. Place a collard leaf in pan and blanch until it turns bright green, about 10-15 seconds on each side. Repeat with remaining leaves. Let cool and then cut out the thick part of the spine, leaving at least 8 inches to fill and roll. Set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add coconut oil. Once melted, add garlic, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, curry powder, and sea salt. Mix well and sauté until mixture begins to bubble, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale and toss to coat. Cook until the kale becomes tender and wilted, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Place collard leaf top-side down on a cutting board. Spread 1/4 of kale sauté in the center of the leaf horizontally. Then add 1/4 of the avocado slices and a 1/4 of the carrot ribbons. Roll the collard leaf around the ingredients from the bottom up, like a sushi roll. Cut any excess from the leaf at the end. Slice with a sharp knife into 1 1/2 inch sections. Sprinkle with freshly grated horseradish and enjoy!
Contributed by Diane Hoch for our Dark Leafy Greens contest with Food52.